10 reasons to consider decanting an irrevocable trust
8. Separating trusts.
Though some families may have too many trusts, others may have one big trust to benefit an entire family. Large trusts can be problematic because beneficiaries will have different needs and different ideas about how to invest, Mr. Oshins noted. The solution? Decant the large trust into separate trusts for each beneficiary, so they oversee their own pots as they see fit.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements