9 Investment outlooks for 2014
BlackRock. BlackRock’s 2014 outlook projects increasing stock yields domestically, internationally and in emerging markets. Economic growth also will see an uptick. On the downside, the company also is preparing for continued political upheaval and rising interest rates that will leave bonds with declining value. “Equities are no longer a bargain, but we believe investors should still overweight stocks for the time being,” BlackRock wrote in a paper on its 2014 outlook.
What's your forecast? Take our survey and let us know!
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers