9 Investment outlooks for 2014
Risk is on
State Street Global Advisors. SSgA remains optimistic about the market for 2014, but geopolitical and economic uncertainties could pose threats to the current rising market trajectory. The company predicts 6% to 7% total return for U.S. equities next year and thinks Europe could see a transition to positive growth, from negative.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal