5 tax breaks for charitable giving
Individual retirement account owners over 70½ can transfer up to $100,000 out of those accounts directly to eligible charities, and exclude the amount from their income. The amount transferred is also counted in their required minimum distribution. This tax break is scheduled to expire at the end of 2013.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements