5 tax breaks for charitable giving
Get a written statement
Clients will need to secure a written statement from the charity for any donation (property or money) over $250, with the name of the charity, date and amount included. In lieu of that, a bank record or credit card statement with the same information will suffice. In the case of property, a description of the item should be included.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal