8 predictions you can't miss
Up, up and a VA
Darla Mercado, retirement: Development and sales of investment-focused variable annuities will pick up steam as wealthy clients face the reality of higher taxes and rising equity markets.
...and...Another New Year’s will pass before advisers in the 401(k) space see how the Labor Department redefines “fiduciary.” The oft-proposed rules, slated to be repitched in August, will sit on Assistant Labor Secretary Phyllis Borzi’s credenza until 2015.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal