IN's top stories of the year
6. Rate hikes on the way
When two big long-term care insurers announced rate hikes in November, at least one analyst warned advisers to prepare for more.
Largest long-term-care insurance sellers go after premium increases
By Darla Mercado
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers