Buffett, Greenspan, El-Erian pick best books of 2013
The Presidents Club
Glenn Hubbard, dean of Columbia Business School and former chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers
• “The Presidents Club: Inside the World’s Most Exclusive Fraternity” by Nancy Gibbs and Michael Duffy: This excellent read ties together leadership lessons imparted by president to each other, with politics continuing, of course.
• “Empress Dowager Cixi: The Concubine Who Launched Modern China” by Jung Chang: This readable book is a story of challenges, strategy, and leadership tracing the Empress Dowager Cixi’s rise to de facto ruler of China for decades.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal