7 steps on the road to retirement
On the road
There’s a good deal more to retirement than just spending down assets over the course of 30 years.
Just as there is a planning-and-investing process that leads up to the last day of a client’s working life, there’s also a planning-and-spending strategy for the years that follow.
A white paper from Thornburg Investment Management, called “The Road of Retirement,” break down key principles involved in managing retirement income.
The following are seven steps on that road.
By Darla Mercado
- The 10 fastest-growing independent broker-dealers
- Finra approves background checks for brokers
- Fee disclosures vary widely; report raises questions over charges and markups
- Schwab pays $500,000 to settle Finra dispute over class action waivers
- Brokerages toss around ideas about salary for Next Gen advisers