7 steps on the road to retirement
On the road
There’s a good deal more to retirement than just spending down assets over the course of 30 years.
Just as there is a planning-and-investing process that leads up to the last day of a client’s working life, there’s also a planning-and-spending strategy for the years that follow.
A white paper from Thornburg Investment Management, called “The Road of Retirement,” break down key principles involved in managing retirement income.
The following are seven steps on that road.
By Darla Mercado
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers