7 steps on the road to retirement
Step 7. Arrive at a monthly spending plan
After putting together the previous six principles, Thornburg notes that clients need a written plan to ensure their strategies coalesce into a monthly spending framework. That means not just drawing a strategy that uses global diversification, but also taking those steps a few years ahead of retirement. This way, the client is establishing that portfolio of global dividend stocks and building up the cash flow reserve ladder before leaving the workplace.
- Does Vanguard pose a threat to advisers?
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- After big TIAA-CREF-Nuveen deal, boomlet predicted in fund manager mergers