10 fresh forecasts for 2014
Matt McCormick, vice president and portfolio manager at Cincinnati-based Bahl & Gaynor Investment Counsel, has released his top 10 predictions for 2014. But unlike most other prognosticators, Mr. McCormick reviews his 2013 performance. Following are his 10 predictions but first, how did he do last year?
Based on his 10-point scale, he scored 60.3 out of 110 for a 54.8% grade. That compares with his eight-year average of 52.5%.
"Byron Wein still has not called," he said.
His personal caveat:
"The following predictions are solely my opinion and are not necessarily representative of Bahl & Gaynor, or the firm’s investment strategies. The majority of these predictions will probably not occur and should be taken only for discussion purposes and future embarrassment of the author."
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements