10 fresh forecasts for 2014
2014: A major financial institution leaves New York. Prince Harry gets engaged. Cincinnati Bengals and Reds do not make playoffs.
2013: “Arab Spring” in Jordan. Israel does not attack Iran. At least one new Supreme Court judge. Cincinnati Reds make the playoffs.
At Dec. 31, 2013: No “Arab Spring” in Jordan. Israel keeps its powder dry. No additional Justices. Reds made playoffs.
2013 score: 5/10
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal