10 fresh forecasts for 2014
Fed funds rate
2014: Year end Fed funds rate at 0.25%, 1.75% 10-Year U.S. Treasury Note and 7.2% unemployment rate.
2013: Year end Fed Funds Rate at 0.25%, 2.21% 10-Year U.S. Treasury Note and 7.6% unemployment rate.
Dec. 31, 2013 levels: Fed Funds at 0.25%, 10-Year at 3.03%, 6.7% unemployment rate.
2013 score: 8.7/10
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal