10 fresh forecasts for 2014
The Winter Olympics
2014: Terror attacks mar winter Olympics. World Cup in Brazil is a fiasco. Discussion about moving 2016 summer Olympics from Brazil occurs. Nuclear fallout from Fukushima impacts food supply in the U.S.
2013: Greece defaults, but does not leave European Union. Discussion begins of an EU breaks up into two economic zones.
At Dec. 31, 2013: Nada.
2013 score: 0/10
- SEC charges San Diego-based investment adviser with fraud
- Pressure mounts on advisers to lower fees
- Ketchum calls controversial automatic data collection key to catching rogue brokers
- REITS continue to be hot as first quarter flows top $4B
- Online rivals Betterment, LearnVest rake in $60 million of venture funding