10 fresh forecasts for 2014
2014: “Old tech,” led by Apple, has a good year. AAPL Joins the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Blackberry (BBRY) closes below $3.00.
2013: Apple TV is a hit. Investors get a dividend increase and stock closes at $807. Joins the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
At Dec. 31, 2013: The new Apple TV has not launched. Dividend did increase. Stock closed at $561.02. Did not join DJIA.
2013 score: 4.2/10
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements