Largest recent IBD mergers and acquisitions
The decade's biggest M&A deals
RCS Capital announced its intention to buy Cetera Financial Group and its leading network of four broker-dealers and 6,600 registered representatives and financial advisers from Lightyear Capital for $1.15B in cash. The company almost immediately struck again by buying midsize independent broker-dealer J.P. Turner & Co. for $27 million in cash and stock. In this timeline, we look at some of the more notable mergers and acquisitions involving independent broker-dealers over the past decade.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal