10 tips for a worry-free IRA rollover
9. How old are you?
Understand age differentials. A worker who leaves his or her job between the ages of 55 and 59 ½ may be able to take penalty-free withdrawals from an employer-sponsored plan. Under the age of 59 ½, IRA withdrawals involve tax penalties. At the age of 70 ½, periodic withdrawals, known as required minimum distributions, must be taken from IRAs.
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements