10 tips for a worry-free IRA rollover
4. Free lunch? Not really.
Don’t order free IRA lunch. Finra notes the strong competition among financial advisers for IRA rollover business. The regulator warns investors not to be misled by advertising that claims that a financial firm doesn’t charge fees. “Even if there are no costs associated with a rollover itself, there will almost certainly be costs related to account administration, investment management or both.”
- 8 Heartbleed responses from financial firms
- Cybersecurity gets the SEC's attention as agency plans to query advisers on safeguards
- Brokerage industry sounds off about Finra broker compensation proposal
- Four top executives of private-placement syndicator DBSI head to jail for fraud
- SEC eyes new stock trade disclosure requirements