Explore the B-D Data Center to find exclusive information and intelligence about the independent broker-dealer industry. Find out which firms offer the highest payouts, have the most reps in the field and generate the most revenue - or create your own custom rankings.
Ranked by average payout per rep, per year
Ranked by revenue
Ranked by no. of reps
Ranked by pre-tax earnings
Recruitment & Staffing
- No. of reps
- No. of reps, male
- No. of reps, female
- No. of reps % change
- No. of producing reps
- No. of producing reps, male
- No. of producing reps, female
- No. of producing reps % change
- No. of reps producing $100K-$499K/year
- No. of reps producing $100K-$499K/year as a percentage of reps
- No. of reps producing $500K+ /year
- No. of reps producing $500K+ /year as a percentage of reps
- No. of retail offices
- Fee-based advisers
- Avg. payout per rep, per year
- Total payout, per year
- Average payout per rep, per year % change
- Avg. annual production of top 20% reps
- Operating expenses
- Pre-tax earnings
- Excess net capital
- Total Revenue
- Commission revenue
- Annuity revenue
- Fixed annuity revenue
- Variable annuity revenue
- Insurance revenue
- Life insurance revenue
- Disability insurance revenue
- LTC insurance revenue
- Alternative revenue
- Hedge fund revenue
- Managed futures revenue
- Private placement revenue
- REIT revenue
- Fee revenue
Clearing Firms Used
Select a clearing firm from the drop-down menu below to sort by companies using that firm.
Select up to five (5) fields from the list below to create a custom ranking
View any firm in a side-by-side comparison with another. Compare up to four (4) firms by adding below.
Use the payout calculator to compare average payouts of broker-dealer firms. Select a production range and product to calculate different payouts. Compare up to four (4) firms by adding below.
Purchase the complete set of our independent broker-dealer data and profiles in an Excel spreadsheet.
For comments or suggestions about the BD Data Center, please contact InvestmentNews Data.
Disclaimer: All data and information is the property of InvestmentNews and is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. All rights are reserved by InvestmentNews. The data may only be used for internal business use such as to develop a mailing list but the data may not be resold, republished, redistributed, sublicensed or publicly displayed on a web site without the permission of InvestmentNews. All information contained within was obtained through InvestmentNews' annual independent B-D surveys.
- Nov 16 - Joining: Dynasty Financial Partners
- Nov 16 - Joining: RBC Wealth Management
- Nov 16 - Joining: Robert W. Baird & Co.