- Summer doldrums may be coming but not this week. Got your seat belt on? The next four days could rock uneasy markets
- Here's one idea to "hedge" against a stock market correction. Hedge fund cover without the hedge fund fees
- Another dose of bad news for Bill Gross. It's getting ugly. Pimco's 'Bond King' suffers 13th month of outflows at Total Return Fund
- The benefits of holding off on receiving Social Security benefits are well established but there is another component of the analysis that needs to be considered. Social Security: Why taking benefits at 62 is smarter than you think
- REIT czar Nick Schorsch hears from shareholders. Question is whether he'll listen. ARCP shareholders reject Schorsch's executive compensation plan
- Digital luggage tags, now there's something useful. The luggage tag with GPS
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Prepare for a rocky week in the markets
Plus: One way to hedge against a correction; bad news keeps coming for Bill Gross; don't wait to collect Social Security; Nick Schorsch's shareholders speak; and digital luggage tags
Latest news & opinion
Commission adds new item to agenda: Interpretation of broker guidance that qualifies as advice
The measure allows small employers to band together to offer plans and raises the RMD age. Another provision eases use of annuities in 401(k)s, which critics say goes too far
Here are the independent broker-dealers that brought in the most annuity revenue last year.
The regulation, expected in December, likely will be contoured to the SEC's new advice standards.
The largest IBD in the country has agreed to buy a small broker-dealer in Florida to kick off the new effort.