- Oil jumps to a three-month high as militants march on toward Bagdad. This can't be good. The insurgency is hitting financial markets and global currencies
- Hedge funds are taking issue with Obama's student loan plan. The President's latest executive order presents trouble and shows a lack of understanding of the asset-backed securities market. Putting private student loan lenders out of business
- As the Dow inches toward the 17,000 mark it becomes clear that most people missed the historic run. Also historic is that the stock market might be the only thing working in this economy. Long and painful crisis in confidence
- The psychology of another stock market milestone. In the immortal words of Hillary Clinton, 'What difference does it make?' Emotional convictions tend to be contagious
- As active strategies get better, index investors are increasingly reaping the benefits. Part of the reason is speed of information
- Math-driven data is helping average golfers shave strokes. The tip of the iceberg in data gathering
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Oil spikes to a three-month high as Iraq's stability crumbles
Plus: Hedge funds bristle at Obama's latest executive order, the significance of the Dow at 17,000, how active managers are helping index investors, and quantitative analysis is being applied to golf scores
Members of the 2019 InvestmentNews class of 40 Under 40 have strategies to overcome the challenges of being young in a mature industry.
Fintech and sustainable investing are two factors being watched closely by some of the 2019 class of InvestmentNews' 40 Under 40.
Latest news & opinion
Our 40 Under 40 project, now in its sixth year, highlights young talent in the financial advice industry. These individuals illustrate the tremendous potential of those coming up in the profession. These stories will surprise, entertain, educate and inspire.
The secretary of the commonwealth is proposing a fiduciary standard in response to an SEC investment-advice rule he views as too weak.
Here are some books that will keep you informed and entertained during summer's downtime
There's never been a better time to do a Roth conversion, and here are several ways to go about it.
Company is offering clients complimentary, two-year membership to an identity theft protection and credit monitoring service.