- Obama's conundrum: Opposing the same trickle-down economics that the U.S. economy has been riding for five years. You didn't build that. Bragging about gains in a stock market that is still controlled by just 20% of the population
- Increased stock market volatility strips away the illusion of safety, sending nervous investors to the sidelines. Giving back the gains of 2014
- Note to trend-followers: Crowdfunding is not that revolutionary, but it is a streamlined version of traditional banking. Riding the wave of innumerable and anonymous banking
- Building your own hedge fund just got a little easier with a new cut-and-paste platform. Closely correlated performance goals
- Three years after the S&P's U.S. downgrade, the 10-year Treasury yield is down just 4 basis points. When AA+ became the new AAA
- As Americans invent new ways to pig out on bacon, the price spikes to a 34-year high. Soaring at almost twice the rate of inflation. Declaring bacon America's official national food
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Barack Obama's attempt to both embrace and shun the financial markets
Plus: Volatility awakens nervous investors, crowdfunding and crowd funding, building your own hedge fund made easy, three years after the U.S. credit downgrade, and bacon prices soar because we Americans just love that greasy stuff
Latest news & opinion
Here are the independent broker-dealers that brought in the most annuity revenue last year.
The largest IBD in the country has agreed to buy a small broker-dealer in Florida to kick off the new effort.
High-ranking, bipartisan members of the House Financial Services Committee back the legislation.
The information exposed includes names, addresses, dates of birth and Social Security numbers.
'Portability' allows a surviving spouse to tack the decedent's exemption on to his or her own. Despite the higher threshold for paying estate taxes in the 2017 tax law, experts recommend filing for the benefit.