- It's not too late to add some portfolio insurance in the form of liquid alternatives. Here are some mutual funds that have been stacking up nicely against their more expensive hedge fund counterparts. Better examples of hedge funds than hedge funds
- The 200-day moving average is the next threshold on focus for stocks. 'We seem to be in that anxiety zone that often gives way to decent corrections'
- New market volatility has investors assuming the worst. This might be a good for financial advisers to remind clients about the opportunities to buy on the dip. The glass suddenly looks half empty
- A lack of inflation is front and center at the Fed. The upside is, this looks like another reason to delay a rate hike. The downside is, the Fed can't seem to find a tactic for triggering price increases. 'Too-low inflation is getting to be a real issue again'
- China's economic bubble looks like the big thing to worry about. This is what happens when you pump $13 trillion worth of credit into an economy to try and keep a growth rate up. Paths to contagion
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.