- It's not too late to add some portfolio insurance in the form of liquid alternatives. Here are some mutual funds that have been stacking up nicely against their more expensive hedge fund counterparts. Better examples of hedge funds than hedge funds
- The 200-day moving average is the next threshold on focus for stocks. 'We seem to be in that anxiety zone that often gives way to decent corrections'
- New market volatility has investors assuming the worst. This might be a good for financial advisers to remind clients about the opportunities to buy on the dip. The glass suddenly looks half empty
- A lack of inflation is front and center at the Fed. The upside is, this looks like another reason to delay a rate hike. The downside is, the Fed can't seem to find a tactic for triggering price increases. 'Too-low inflation is getting to be a real issue again'
- China's economic bubble looks like the big thing to worry about. This is what happens when you pump $13 trillion worth of credit into an economy to try and keep a growth rate up. Paths to contagion
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Market chop puts alternative strategies front and center
Plus: Minding the next threshold for stocks, reminding clients to buy on the dip, Fed missed the mark on inflation, and don't forget to worry about China
Latest news & opinion
Advisers are making decisions about clients' portfolios by using the same characteristics that govern factor-based ETFs.
The regulator sees patterns in the behavior and disclosures of high-risk brokers.
John Hancock policyholders would get a discount on their premium in return for agreeing to pay a bigger portion of their claims in the future.
After a payday of $75 million or more, CEO Joe Duran plans to join Goldman in a senior position.
Three big acquisitions in less than a year signals renewed life in the formerly beleaguered industry.