Advisors long have known that clients can be overwhelmed by the many choices and assessments they are tasked with, leading them to make irrational investment decisions. Now, research in the field of behavioral finance confirms that mental shortcuts and emotions shape everyone’s financial decision-making which can lead to less-than-optimal results.
* Accepted for 1 CE Credit by the CFP Board.
Date: Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Time: 4-5 PM ET
In this exclusive webcast, advisors will learn how to identify common behavioral biases and blind spots and then help nudge clients into making better long-term decisions, especially about retirement. Specifically, webcast attendees will learn:
- Highlights of what behavioral economists have discovered about financial decision-making.
- What researchers at the Stanford Center on Longevity* found out about investors’ most common decision-making mistakes
- How to nudge clients into making retirement decisions that are in their own best interest by using the MORE (motivate, optimize, realize, evaluate) system.
- Ways to employ “nudging” in an advisory setting.
Continuing Education Credits: Webcasts approved for CE credit by the CFP Board, credit will be reported 1 week after the live event. CE Credit is not available for on-demand viewing.
For CIMA®/CIMC®/CPWA® CE credits for webcasts approved by Investments & Wealth Institute®, formerly IMCA, live viewers will receive an email 1 week after the live event with a program code to self-report. On-demand viewers will receive an email 30 days after the live event with a program code to self-report.
For CE credits for webcasts approved by CFA, credit will be reported 30 days after the live event.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.