Managing director and partner,
Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors
- Has a black lab/beagle mix named Abby.
- Wanted to be a professional baseball player growing up.
- Played the lead in a musical in middle school.
Brandt Kuhn combines modern and old-fashioned skills to make his mark in the Palm Springs area. The region has been growing rapidly, he said, attracting both older vacation-home owners and young families.
His recipe for building up his business over the past 10 years?
“Developing my tech knowledge and shaking hands and kissing babies,” said Mr. Kuhn, 33, managing director and partner with Beacon Pointe Wealth Advisors. “During the big social season of November through April, I make sure I’m at everything.”
He’s also very involved with the community, serving on the executive board of the Palm Desert Chamber of Commerce and fundraising for the local recreation district. He also recruits younger people to nonprofit boards.
Now both a seasoned professional and networker, Mr. Kuhn shared some lessons learned:
• Don’t take your eye off the ball — stay consistent with the message you put out in the marketplace.
• Focus on the positive, especially through challenging times.
• Don’t rely on just one mentor, seek out many role models.
“Always talk to successful business people, even outside the industry,” he said. “You can take a nugget of knowledge from each successful person you interact with.”
— Deborah Nason