These four firms and one association were chosen as honorable mentions in the Diversity Champion category for their impressive efforts aimed at spreading diversity and inclusion within the financial advice industry:
• AXA Advisors hosts five annual educational conferences for advisers to share best practices among these groups -- African American, Asian, Hispanic, LGBTQ and women.
• Lincoln Financial Network’s hiring managers commit to interviewing at least one woman and one person of color for each open position and its leadership works with internal business resource groups aimed at enhancing Lincoln's brand within diverse communities.
• T. Rowe Price’s business resource group PRIDE conducted first-of-its-kind research that identifies the behaviors, growth, and investing clout of the LGBTQ community in the U.S.
• UBS Financial expanded its All Bar None program designed to promote the advancement of women at UBS to dozens of cities around the country.
• The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors is focused on being a diversity training resource for the insurance and financial industries, hosting a symposium, a diversity award and issuing action reports.