The fund giant's online advice platform is viewed by some as a threat, but others see it as complementary. Trevor Hunnicutt reports.
- Average retiree health costs could overtake Social Security benefits 12:01 am
- Under Finra proposal, brokerages will be forced to conduct background checks on new brokers
- Quantity does not equal quality: Expanding 'disclosure events' on BrokerCheck a bad idea
- LGBT married clients weather complicated tax season
- Small fund nimble enough to navigate the edges of fixed income
- Heartbleed threat may put American Funds' clients at risk
Trending by Topic
784 views | Apr 14, 2014
They're even interested in international stocks, survey finds.
1,565 views | Apr 14, 2014
After several months of deliberations, Finra has expanded its pool of arbitrators and is ready to move forward with the hundreds of complaints related to collapses in Puerto Rico bond funds. That doesn't necessarily mean smooth sailing.
1,881 views | Apr 15, 2014
Sputtering equity market, lackluster bond returns continue to drive investors.
723 views | Apr 16, 2014
FundNet assets ($M)...
1,415 views | Apr 15, 2014
Take Five with BlackRock's James Keenan, who says risks to the asset class include central bank policy.
488 views | Apr 16, 2014
405 views | Apr 16, 2014
Largest inflows Name/ticker3-...
Breakfast with Benjamin: It's a bad time for stocks, based on the presidential cycle. Plus: The Nasdaq tests correction territory; most money managers think U.S. stocks are pricey (but there is a market they love); a tech ETF for nervous investors; what advisers wish investors knew; and having delicious fun with Crème Eggs.
Breakfast with Benjamin: Which way for stocks on big data day? Plus: The downside of low rates; GM gets some love; Earth Day and earthy companies; the surging price of shrimp makes cheap food, well, less so; and reflection and hope in Boston.
If second marriage ends, the first one may still count
Comprehensive coverage of the SEC's new guidance on how advisers can share and use third-party online reviews by clients.
Explore your opportunities and be informed for your next move.
February 11, 2014