- The average 401(k) balance has crested the $89,000 mark, meaning more Americans are now closer to at least dreaming of eventually retiring. Nearly half still have less than $10,000
- Comcast is shelling out $45.2 billion for Time Warner, combining the country's two largest cable providers. The friendly deal snubs Charter Communications, which had been trying to buy Time Warner. $158.82 per share sale price a 17% premium
- BlackRock's Lawrence Fink says the worst stretch for the emerging markets since early 2009 is creating a buying opportunity. Buy Indonesian stocks
- Warren Buffet is looking to dump his stake in Graham Holdings now that the company no longer owns The Washington Post. Cutting a $1.13 billion position
- California's drought could dry up the growth potential of these agriculture stocks. Expect rising food prices
- By 2018, your car will know when you're drunk. After that, how about a refrigerator that knows when I'm full? Detecting blood alcohol content through touch
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Bull market lifts average 401(k) balance above $89K
Plus: Comcast is buying Time Warner, Lawrence Fink likes emerging markets, Buffet shuns Graham Holdings, California drought hits agriculture stocks, and the ultimate smart car
Feb 13, 2014 @ 5:06 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.