- The average 401(k) balance has crested the $89,000 mark, meaning more Americans are now closer to at least dreaming of eventually retiring. Nearly half still have less than $10,000
- Comcast is shelling out $45.2 billion for Time Warner, combining the country's two largest cable providers. The friendly deal snubs Charter Communications, which had been trying to buy Time Warner. $158.82 per share sale price a 17% premium
- BlackRock's Lawrence Fink says the worst stretch for the emerging markets since early 2009 is creating a buying opportunity. Buy Indonesian stocks
- Warren Buffet is looking to dump his stake in Graham Holdings now that the company no longer owns The Washington Post. Cutting a $1.13 billion position
- California's drought could dry up the growth potential of these agriculture stocks. Expect rising food prices
- By 2018, your car will know when you're drunk. After that, how about a refrigerator that knows when I'm full? Detecting blood alcohol content through touch
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Bull market lifts average 401(k) balance above $89K
Plus: Comcast is buying Time Warner, Lawrence Fink likes emerging markets, Buffet shuns Graham Holdings, California drought hits agriculture stocks, and the ultimate smart car
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
Latest news & opinion
With revenue up, interest rates rising and regulation easing, IBDs are soaring.
Experts say advisers will be able to point to their role as fiduciaries as a differentiator in the advice market.
Some say the rule will clear up investor confusion, but others say the SEC didn't go far enough.
We sifted through the nearly 1,000-page proposal and picked out some of the most important points.
75-year-old owner Arthur Grant positions the IBD for the 'next 33 years.'