- The average 401(k) balance has crested the $89,000 mark, meaning more Americans are now closer to at least dreaming of eventually retiring. Nearly half still have less than $10,000
- Comcast is shelling out $45.2 billion for Time Warner, combining the country's two largest cable providers. The friendly deal snubs Charter Communications, which had been trying to buy Time Warner. $158.82 per share sale price a 17% premium
- BlackRock's Lawrence Fink says the worst stretch for the emerging markets since early 2009 is creating a buying opportunity. Buy Indonesian stocks
- Warren Buffet is looking to dump his stake in Graham Holdings now that the company no longer owns The Washington Post. Cutting a $1.13 billion position
- California's drought could dry up the growth potential of these agriculture stocks. Expect rising food prices
- By 2018, your car will know when you're drunk. After that, how about a refrigerator that knows when I'm full? Detecting blood alcohol content through touch
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Bull market lifts average 401(k) balance above $89K
Plus: Comcast is buying Time Warner, Lawrence Fink likes emerging markets, Buffet shuns Graham Holdings, California drought hits agriculture stocks, and the ultimate smart car
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
Editor Fred Gabriel and special projects editor Liz Skinner discuss the nomination process for InvestmentNews' inaugural Diversity & Inclusion awards.
Latest news & opinion
Ruckus over recruiting agreement has even wirehouse lifers wondering if it's time
The company confirmed it's talking to investment bankers to 'explore how to best optimize [its] capital structure at lower costs.'
Rule should provide clarity on role of adviser, enhanced investor protection and regulatory coordination.
Those in a private LinkedIn chat room were sounding off about fears the independent broker-dealer will require a move to ClientWorks before it is fully ready.
UBS brokers must sign a 12-month non-solicit agreement if they want their 2017 bonuses.