Awards & Recognition
The InvestmentNews 40 Under 40 program recognizes and celebrates up-and-comers in the financial advice industry. Each year, our editorial team reviews more than 1,000 nominations to create a list of 40 outstanding financial advisers, or industry professionals supporting advisers, who are 39 or younger. Honorees are judged on their accomplishments, contribution to the industry, leadership and promise. Some of the industry’s best and brightest started out on one of our 40 Under 40 lists. If you are someone, or know someone, who deserves national recognition, please fill out a nomination form starting on March. 1, 2018.
Nominations will open for the 5th annual 40 Under 40 project on March 1, 2018.
Each year, our exciting Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers initiative recognizes outstanding employers among registered investment advisers and advisory firms affiliated with independent broker dealers. Being named one of InvestmentNews’ Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers can have a tremendous impact on your organization, so if you think your organization has what it takes to stand out among some of the best, we invite you to participate.
- June to October 2017: Program registration period
- November 2017: Employers and employees receive and submit surveys
- January 15, 2018: Winners notified
- March 26, 2018: Best Places to Work winners announced in InvestmentNews
- May 15, 2018: InvestmentNews Best Places to Work event in Chicago
- June, 4, 2018: Top winners of InvestmentNews Best Places to Work recognized in print
This program pays tribute to the visionaries who have shaped and transformed the financial advice profession. InvestmentNews’ editorial team, as well as readers, recognize the men and women who have made outstanding contributions to the financial advice profession.
Each year, InvestmentNews honors female financial advisers and industry executives who are distinguished leaders at their firms. These women have advanced the business of providing advice through their leadership, passion, creativity and willingness to help other women along the way.
- March 13, 2018: Women to Watch awards luncheon at The Pierre in New York City
- July 2 - Aug. 6, 2018: Nominations accepted for 2018 Women to Watch program
- Nov. 19, 2018: 2018 Women to Watch are profiled in the pages of InvestmentNews’ and on InvestmentNews.com.
The InvestmentNews Best Practices awards recognize top-performing firms that are run by people with a long-term vision for their organizations and an ongoing commitment to improving as well as enhancing their businesses. Best Practices Award winners are all participants in InvestmentNews’ Research initiatives and chosen based on their rate of growth, profitability and productivity levels.
InvestmentNews is proud to introduce the inaugural Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion Awards. This new recognition program will identify and celebrate individuals, advisory firms, industry partners and institutions for their work around diversity and inclusion initiatives. The award honorees will be announced in a special InvestmentNews Diversity Issue on July 9. Please plan to join us for the live event to celebrate the winners on October 9 in New York. Check back here to nominate an individual or firm beginning on Feb. 26!
- February 26 to April 8, 2018: Award nomination period
- May 14, 2018: Honorees notified
- July 9, 2018: Excellence in Diversity & Inclusion award honorees are profiled in the InvestmentNews Diversity Issue
- October 9, 2018: InvestmentNews Diversity & Inclusion Awards Celebration in New York