- For more proof that diversification is in the eye of the beholder, a BlackRock report showing portfolio diversification is somewhat ironically described as risk-taking. Note to reader, when the S&P 500 gains more than 32% in a year, moving cash off the sidelines to invest in real estate and hedge funds is smart defense, not aggressive offense. Building better portfolios
- With the SEC now committed to visit a wider variety of financial advisers, this would be a good time to start preparing for such exams. It's still not clear if the commission with have the resources or the energy to go beyond its average of visiting about 9% of the adviser community, but here are some tips to help you prep. Test yourself
- Robo-adviser efforts to crack the code of asset gathering. Tech talk
- As earnings season rolls on, here are nine low-valuation stocks slated to report next week. Potential bump from positive earnings surprises
- For those folks fired up over how much money the federal government is making on the mortgage business, there is at least a show of support for selling Fannie and Freddie. But it's mostly just political bluster. Little chance of being adopted
- The NBA's Sacramento Kings becomes the first pro sports franchise to accept bitcoin. Meanwhile, the Kings can't seem to win at home or on the road, and are clinging to a one-game winning streak. Fans can buy tickets and merchandise with the digital currency
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Institutional investors moving more cash to diversified strategies
Plus: Bracing for an SEC exam, robo-adviser asset-gathering update, stocks to watch next week, and more ways to spend bitcoin
Jan 17, 2014 @ 7:54 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
Like our fan page to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.
Subscribe to this RSS feed to receive the latest news and opinion from InvestmentNews.