- ICI is setting the tone of its Orlando conference today by pushing back on the too-big-to-fail label for big mutual fund companies. Prez Paul Schott Stevens' kick-off speech will describe asset managers are “agents, not principals.” Just don't call them systematically important financial institutions
- Yesterday's Crimea vote to break off from Ukraine and become part of Russia should not be a surprise. But what happens from here is the looming question that should not be ignored. United States now on a collision course with Russia
- The European Union is baring its teeth by discussing sanctions against Russia. Next up, another meeting. Warnings of more warnings
- Stock market futures aim higher following the Crimea vote. Refocused on pending economic data
- With the Fed now loaded with blanks, Wall Street is following its standard playbook of looking toward the second-half of the year. Don't hold your breath for that economic acceleration
- Pimco tries to introduce some post-El-Erian damage control. Postponing the farewell party
- Meanwhile, Mohamed El-Erian has finally joined Twitter. Still waiting on that first tweet from Mr. E-E
E-Mail this Article
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
Mar 17, 2014 @ 8:06 am
Latest from InvestmentNews
Get Daily News & Intel
Breaking news and in-depth coverage of essential topics delivered straight to your inbox.
Connect with Us
The information entered on this page will not be used to send unsolicited e-mail, and will not be sold to a 3rd party.
REMINDER: This service is for personal use only. For commercial reprints, Web links and e-mailings please contact our Reprint Sales Manager at (732) 723-0569.