- Just when you thought there was just too much noise in the twitterverse something happens to renew your faith. Josh Brown has the story. Behold the awesome power of financial Twitter
- Do you like where you work? J.D. Power's annual survey of advisers' job satisfaction is out. See where your firm ranks. Indie reps happier at work than employee advisers: J.D. Power
- Halfway through the year and it's a good time to check out performance. 10 biggest S&P 500 winners and losers for 2014
- In case you didn't know it, cost matters to investors even when they're looking at exchange-traded funds. BlackRock ETFs near $1 trillion as it loses market share to Vanguard
- Here's a recipe for volatility. Short week, jobs data may bring back swings
- With all the troubles at General Motors, what better time to re-enter the U.S. car market? Alfa Romeo returns to America... at last
Investment Insights: The Blogblog
Jeff Benjamin breaks down the game for advisers and clients.
The value of Twitter
Plus: J.D. Power's annual survey of advisers' job satisfaction, mid-year stock review, yes, ETF cost matters, bringing back volatility, and a car maker returns
Recommended for you
Sponsored financial news
Latest news & opinion
Questions remain about long-term effectiveness of wirehouse's move away from recruiting experienced brokers.
But long-term, the agency may get around questions of constitutionality by changing the way it brings on administrative law judges.
Private equity backing could fuel acquisitions by the large RIA.
While advisers face the difficult task of analyzing the law's impact, they will also have a significant opportunity to prove their value by implementing money-saving strategies for clients as well as their own businesses.
The provision is tricky, but could provide advisers and business-owner clients with sizable tax savings.